Porsche 911 GT2 Club and Register

Porsche 911 GT2 Club and Register Forum Discussion

Welcome to the GT2 Club and Register - Introduce yourself

xpuffin

xpuffin

No, that's the JZM car that sold recently, think the guys already on here.

Will do regarding mine.
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2015
  • 0 likes
Gavin

Gavin

ORIGINAL: xpuffin

No, that's the JZM car that sold recently, think the guys already on here.

Will do regarding mine.

Ahh ok, I'll add the details for your car when you send it.

Cheers
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2015
  • 0 likes
Porschesse

Porschesse

Good afternoon all!

Only just found this forum so happy to be on here

I have a black mark 1 2003 GT2 and I love it!

Carbon interior, rear roll cage, original ceramics.

15000 miles, 3 owners.

Bought 2 years ago I had a sleepless night thinking I was going to kill myself having read all the 'widow maker' bumf.

Happy to say we are still here and the love affair goes from strength to strength, always amazed how driveable the car is, rock solid, and obviously fast, love the torque.

Le-mans last year was amazing with my friend in a 997turbo we had fun driving across France on the longer scenic route.

Found this forum as am trying to insure my car for the increased value but am struggling to prove this, any advice out there?

Cheers
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2015
  • 0 likes
Gavin

Gavin

Welcome to the forum Porschesse :beer:

Doesn't look like we have your car in the register already...

[expiredlink]

I've got quite a few waiting to be added which might include yours.

15k is super low mileage for a 2003, if you bought it 2 years ago you've got yourself a bargain there!

What are you thinking of valuing it at?

Cheers,

Gavin
  • 0 likes
KAL

KAL

Hi

Try Nowell and Richards on 01785247633 and speak to Adam top bloke been with them for 10 years now

They have changed my poliicee last year due to values going north your polices on my cars automatically moves with the market anyway worth giving them a call

Regards

Karl
  • 0 likes
Porschesse

Porschesse

Cheers Gavin and Karl will give em a buz although my current insurance company (NFU) are only quoting me £280 for 3k miles inc break down cover so bloody cheap I think!

I was thinking of insuring her for around £90K, given what the auction silver car went for, what do you think??? Its hard as she would be irreplaceable!

Cheers Rich
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2015
  • 0 likes
Am0611

Am0611

Hi all,

Just introducing myself to you.

I have a LHD 997 GT2, basalt black. Vin 6153.

The car has been with me since May 2010 & run in Dubai as my daily driver (I wasn't in Dubai too often so mileage wasn't too bad).

Brought the car back to North West about a year ago and now isn't my daily driver but it does get regular airings!

Hopefully my car registration worked and I can so post some pictures of it there.

Andy
  • 0 likes
Gavin

Gavin

Welcome Andy,

I remember your car from PistonHeads when you were having it shipped back over.

I've got your car details from the form you submitted. The only issue is that the list is supposed to be C16 UK cars only. I'll think of the best way to add it, it might be on a new register for imported GT2s or something.

How's the car going back in the UK? Finding roads that you can enjoy the car on is the biggest challenge in the UK for me.

Cheers,

Gavin
  • 0 likes
Am0611

Am0611

Gavin,

Post me wherever, I'll post some pics then. Have some pictures of it going into container in Dubai. A little frightening reversing into it off the back of a recovery truck into the container which was already on the back of a lorry (I did it as I didn't trust anyone else).

Roads are not issue yet but it's 2 toddlers that stop me getting out & enjoying it!

Car going well apart from annoying creaking (just posted on this).

Andy
  • 0 likes
greedyguts

greedyguts

Hi All,

Introducing myself on this forum, some of you, I have already met in person at the Ace Cafe meet ups.

I own an arctic silver 2001 year model GT2, originally ordered and delivered to OPC in Cyprus. It was subsequently imported to the UK by William Loughran dealership in late 2001. It is believed to be one of the first GT2's landed in the UK, prior to the official C16 UK build allotment started.

I have owned the car since 2014, prior to that I owned a 996 turbo, it was a bit to civilized for me.

Anthony.
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2015
  • 0 likes

Reply to this discussion

Please log in to post a reply.