Porsche 911 GT2 Club and Register

Porsche 911 GT2 Club and Register Forum Discussion

Welcome to the GT2 Club and Register - Introduce yourself

Gavin

Gavin

ORIGINAL: greedyguts

Hi All,

Introducing myself on this forum, some of you, I have already met in person at the Ace Cafe meet ups.

I own an arctic silver 2001 year model GT2, originally ordered and delivered to OPC in Cyprus. It was subsequently imported to the UK by William Loughran dealership in late 2001. It is believed to be one of the first GT2's landed in the UK, prior to the official C16 UK build allotment started.

I have owned the car since 2014, prior to that I owned a 996 turbo, it was a bit to civilized for me.

Anthony.

Hi mate,

Good to see you on here. I got your email earlier as well, I might have to be at home next weekend to sort out some work on the house so not sure I'll be able to do the Wales drive out. I'll be at the Ace Cafe on Monday night though so can catch up then.

Cheers,

Gavin
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2015
  • 0 likes
Noslek

Noslek

Hi

Just back in a GT2 (the Ruby Red from Silverstone OPC) after a while using other machinery. Previous one was a 996 version which I thought was great (bought from 911 virgin around 2005 and was for sale last year at Malton). Anyway, expect to meet some of you in the coming months.
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2015
  • 0 likes
Gavin

Gavin

ORIGINAL: Noslek

Hi

Just back in a GT2 (the Ruby Red from Silverstone OPC) after a while using other machinery. Previous one was a 996 version which I thought was great (bought from 911 virgin around 2005 and was for sale last year at Malton). Anyway, expect to meet some of you in the coming months.

Welcome to the forum :beer:

I was talking to the chap who sold the Ruby car to Silverstone at the Porsche Club GB event at Althorp a few weeks back. He traded it against a 997.2 GT3 in Riviera Blue I think, he also has a gen 2 RS.

I'm also in a 997 after a few years with a 996 bought in 2008. How are you finding the difference between them?

Cheers,

Gavin
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2015
  • 0 likes
Noslek

Noslek

Only done 30 miles in her so far (my licence is in 'swansea' for another 18 days - camera van from Feb.) From initial feel the suspension is better resolved and I like the short shift gear change.

The 996 had a great donkey in her, seen 201 on the digital Speedo (198 on GPS) with a mate in her - nice cool morning on a 5 mile straight around 4:30 am. Don't think this one will be much faster, but just a bit better every where (should be for the extra wonga!

Yes, I believe the previous owner did indeed get the gt3. The Gt2 is a credit to him as it is in fantastic condition. Only changes I am making is oem carbon centre console (done by opc silverstone) and getting cruise fitted at Dick Lovetts, Swindon Sept 19. Wanted the GT2 carbon back buckets, but at nearly 10k, i'll see how I get on with the comfort seats first.
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2015
  • 0 likes
Gavin

Gavin

ORIGINAL: Noslek

Only done 30 miles in her so far (my licence is in 'swansea' for another 18 days - camera van from Feb.) From initial feel the suspension is better resolved and I like the short shift gear change.

The 996 had a great donkey in her, seen 201 on the digital Speedo (198 on GPS) with a mate in her - nice cool morning on a 5 mile straight around 4:30 am. Don't think this one will be much faster, but just a bit better every where (should be for the extra wonga!

Yes, I believe the previous owner did indeed get the gt3. The Gt2 is a credit to him as it is in fantastic condition. Only changes I am making is oem carbon centre console (done by opc silverstone) and getting cruise fitted at Dick Lovetts, Swindon Sept 19. Wanted the GT2 carbon back buckets, but at nearly 10k, i'll see how I get on with the comfort seats first.

Just looked at your car collection, some great stuff there, how's that i8 going?

I've also thought about the folding bucket seats to replace my adaptive sports seats but the cost makes them unrealistic, also I'd have the buttons/wiring for the seats still in the door and that would annoy me knowing it's not doing anything.
  • Posted: Sep 2, 2015
  • 0 likes
Noslek

Noslek

The i8 is a very intersting car. The way the electric fills in the hole where there must be turbo lag from the gas engine is amazing. Most of its use is local, so electric only. Over the last 1700 miles average mpg is 48.9 and that is improving with every edrive mile!
  • Posted: Sep 2, 2015
  • 0 likes
GT2nut

GT2nut

Greetings from newbies SE London.

We had been contemplating the purchase of a 911 for ages, as you do, and almost bought a 996 GT3 RS a while back (wish we had now seeing the way prices have risen).

Anyway, we decided it was to be a 996 Turbo, then a 996 Turbo S & eventually agreed it just had to be the 'infamous' 996 GT2....should really have known from the outset it would have to be something super special, as we only ever seem to like limited edition, best of the best, end of era cars!

We purchased our GT2 (polar silver/leather carbon buckets/ss rear cage) car from Paragon towards the end of last year (VIN 5155 reg. 15.8.03).

Not had a great deal of opportunity of using the 'beast' much yet, think the only events we've done was a PHSS at Brands Hatch & a Goodwood Breakfast Club, but hope to use much more as the winter weather disappears.

Still getting to know the car & really enjoying the courtship stage of our relationship, but OMG is it capable & love the emotions given back, albeit at times 'other-worldly'.

Hope to catch up with other group members soon.

Paul & Sue
  • Posted: Mar 7, 2016
  • 0 likes
KAL

KAL

Hi paul

Welcome to the GT2 club enjoy
  • Posted: Mar 7, 2016
  • 0 likes
Gavin

Gavin

Any lurkers on here want to join in? I can see in the stats that people are reading these pages, go on join in, you know you want to :)

• Posted: Aug 22, 2016
  • 0 likes
KAL

KAL

Come on guys and girls !
You know you want too
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2016
  • 0 likes

Reply to this discussion

Please log in to post a reply.